All PrimeTime Health Plan members are provided with services that monitor the safety of your medications, such as drug-drug interactions, drug-disease state interactions, medication dosages, and high risk medications in the elderly even if you are not enrolled in the MTM program. Those members who are eligible receive these services and more through their enrollment in the MTM program. By being enrolled in the MTM program, you receive a more personal and interactive medication management, such as a Comprehensive Medication Review (CMR).
Free MTM Member Programs include:
- Comprehensive Medication Review
- Targeted Intervention Program
- Identification of lower cost medications for your diagnosis
- Medication synchronization—when possible organize your medications so that you only need to visit pharmacy once per month
- Help in identifying the proper over-the-counter medications
- Help in remembering to take your medications as prescribed and at the most appropriate time of day
What is a CMR?
A CMR is a one-on-one meeting between you and a registered pharmacist. The goal of your CMR is to go over all of your medications to make sure they are the best choices for you and are meeting you and your doctor's healthcare goals. The pharmacist you meet with will often be same pharmacist you currently see to get your prescriptions. The pharmacist will go over all of your current prescriptions with you. They will also talk to you about all of your over-the-counter (OTC) medications like vitamins, herbs, and allergy medications.
Your personalized CMR will be conducted by a certified MTM pharmacist and will include the following:
- A thorough review of all your current prescription, OTC, and herbal medications
- An assessment of medication-related problems, such as:
- Drug-drug interactions
- Drug-disease state interactions
- Medication dosages
- High risk medications in the elderly
- Comprehensive diabetes care
- Medication side effects
- Drug allergies
- Cost-saving alternative therapies
- Disease state management
- Answers to any questions you may have regarding your health
Based on the findings of your CMR, your MTM pharmacist may wish to consult with your doctor on potential changes to your medications; your MTM pharmacist and doctor will work together in order to give you the best medications to help you reach your optimal health. No changes will ever be made without your doctor’s approval.
At the completion of your CMR, you will receive a Patient Takeaway. Your Patient Takeaway includes a Medication Action Plan and a personal medication list.
Your Medication Action Plan is designed personally for you by your MTM pharmacist. This plan outlines for you what steps you can take to reach your healthcare goals, and provides you with the means to track your progress. Your Medication Action Plan includes the following:
- A list of the steps you should take to help you get the best results from your medications
- A blank area for you to document the steps you took to achieve your healthcare goals
- Suggestions made by your MTM pharmacist to improve your health or maximize the benefits of your medications
- A description of any clinical interventions the pharmacist took (working directly with your doctor) to improve your health or medication regimen. Your MTM pharmacist will contact you if there are any changes made to your medications after talking to your prescriber.
Your Patient Takeaway will also include a personal medication list, which is an updated list of all your prescription, OTC, and herbal medications. This list should be provided to you at the time of your CMR or delivered to you immediately afterwards. The list includes the directions and reasons for taking each medication. This is a great reference to have on-hand in the event that you need to go to the hospital or emergency room. The personal medication list allows you to cross out medications that are no longer used and document when and why they were stopped, as well as provides blank rows to easily add new medications that are started. For a complimentary blank medication list, please click here, or contact PrimeTime Customer Service to have one mailed to you.